Happy New Year

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, 
is not an act but a habit." ~Aristotle

I don't make resolutions, aren't resolutions just promises to  yourself? and if you break them it's like cheating at Solitaire.  I try to make plans - because plans can not be broken just delayed.

Wiki has an interesting information about New Year Resolutions, and the definition behind it & how resolution started. I learned something just by reading it, but are all Wiki definitions reliable? Find out yourself here.

They defined it as... "A New Year's resolution is a commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit. A key element to a New Year's resolution that sets it apart from other resolutions is that it is made in anticipation of the New Year and new beginnings. People committing themselves to a New Year's resolution generally plan to do so for the whole following year. This lifestyle change is generally interpreted as advantageous."

At any rate, this year has started well, whereas in the past 5 years since I moved back it has been one thing after another. I don't remember the first 3 b/c of stress, but I remember driving home on New Years from a friend early b/c the weather was crappy. The following my car was broken into that night, the next spent with my aunt and disabled father. So finally my resolution before the year even started was to have more fun. It started on the day the Mayans thought the world was to end, I went to a "end of the world party" 12/21/12, and since I've been the master of my own fun since 1975 I decided to do more stuff. It's hard to find anyone that is willing to go along, when you reach a certain age people have family, kids reasons not to go out.

I went to a drag show with a friend, ended up talking to more great people. My first in years. So it was awesome. Smoky little bar on the west side of town.

here are photos...





At any rate, here is to another year, a better one. My birthday was last week, and there are tons of plans I have made to myself already, and since I kept the ones from last year I don't see why I can't keep going.

We'll see. I can promises or plan but it doesn't mean life won't get in the way to delay plans. 


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments