Inspiration

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." ~ Henry David Thoreau


New wonderful photographer, Joyce Lopez, that I discovered, lovely lovely stuff. She just had a show @ a gallery in Chicago, and I missed it.

Here little bio... "I have been a photographer for 20 years, using my photography to illustrate environmental issues that interest me. Taking a traditional approach, using a black background in the manner of Dutch 17th century painters, I strive for a formal "portrait" of botanicals.  Objects which were in the periphery are now the subject. These "out of context" subjects are not usually photographed in this way.  There is an oddity about them as well as an exquisiteness in the details and rich colors.  The 21st century has brought crises of immense proportions that we need to address; the availability of food, the impact of climate, distribution and cost of food."



 
Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments