Free Legal Document for Artists / Photographers

Vintage Birthday card - the legal rights for this
image do not exist b/c of it's age.
As I posted in previous post about my frustration with the legalities for artists and photographers, it is hard to understand the ins and outs of what is legal, it helps to have some forms on hand to use.

Smashing Magazine offers a "freebies" section, with useful links to legal documents i.e. photo release forms and contracts.

I like to keep my forms very simple but still protecting me to use the images whenever I want. Since I've done a lot of free photo shoots in the past I like to have this in for "just in case" scenario. It's really a hodge podge of copy and paste from other model release forms you can find online.



MODEL RELEASE

I ___________________________ (models name), for good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, hereby irrevocably authorize ________ (photographers name) to use photographs of me and/or my property and authorize him/(her/their and his/her/their assignees), licensees, legal representatives and transferees to use and publish (with or without my name, company name, or with a fictitious name) photographs, pictures, portraits or images herein described in any and all forms and media and in all manners including composite images or distorted representations, and the purposes of publicity, illustration, commercial art, advertising, publishing (including publishing in electronic form in CDs or internet websites), for any product or services, or other lawful uses as may be determined by      .

I further waive any and all rights to review or approve any uses of the images, any written copy or finished product. I am of full legal age and have read and fully understand the terms of this release.

Description of images
_____________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________
 
Signed: ______________________ 
Witness: ____________________
Date: _________


 Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments