what ever happen to...

12 years ago I received a little disposable camera from a friend in Bloomington, IN. I had just moved to the Valley - Los Angeles county - in Canoga Park, CA. I had just started my budding career at a photo lab. The idea of the camera was brilliant, take photos give it to someone else and hopefully it will find its way back to the creators and they would post the images. Similar projects can be found now, like the 100 project. That project based on age, and people given to cameras of all ages (hence the title). No pictures yet, but they did a similar project, and here are some images from that...

03240022Autosave-File vom d-lab2/3 der AgfaPhoto GmbH
Autosave-File vom d-lab2/3 der AgfaPhoto GmbHAutosave-File vom d-lab2/3 der AgfaPhoto GmbH


Back to what I was talking about, I took some pictures, then sent it off to a friend in Austrilia, when he sent it back I wanted to turn it in, but only 15 pictures were taken thus far, so I gave it to a guy @ the photo lab. And there is where the story ends.

I've always wondered what happened to that camera, and as of today, 12 years later, no camera.

Click here and here to find out more.

They named the cameras in a way to keep track of them, and my camera was "owl" - poor owl never found its way back.  :-(

But it is a lovely idea.

You Might Also Like

0 comments